It's nearly done! Well, minus a snap to close it lol, but I dont have any so it can wait till I get some. The verse is from "Lines to the Ocean" a poem by Martha Lavinia Hoffman 1865-1900. Details: The fabric is 28ct linen, no idea of the color cuz it was a remnant I'd picked up for $1 but it's a blue, and the inside is a funky cotton print. The seahorse is from Mirabilia's "Bluebeard's Princess" and I just backstitched the poem as it would fit and added beads and charms to fill in the empty spaces. I didnt use a pattern for the words, just stitched as I went along, and the interior has a little pocket to hold a scissors as well, with my homemade seashorse beaded fob on it which makes it actually look like a set or something I wouldve bought. I winged it making that pocket lol I was so afraid it wouldnt come out on the right side when I sewed it by machine & was terrified I'd have to stitch the whole thing over!
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Posted by Kate at 12:31 PM