BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Seahorse needlebook




It's nearly done! Well, minus a snap to close it lol, but I dont have any so it can wait till I get some. The verse is from "Lines to the Ocean" a poem by Martha Lavinia Hoffman 1865-1900. Details: The fabric is 28ct linen, no idea of the color cuz it was a remnant I'd picked up for $1 but it's a blue, and the inside is a funky cotton print. The seahorse is from Mirabilia's "Bluebeard's Princess" and I just backstitched the poem as it would fit and added beads and charms to fill in the empty spaces. I didnt use a pattern for the words, just stitched as I went along, and the interior has a little pocket to hold a scissors as well, with my homemade seashorse beaded fob on it which makes it actually look like a set or something I wouldve bought. I winged it making that pocket lol I was so afraid it wouldnt come out on the right side when I sewed it by machine & was terrified I'd have to stitch the whole thing over!

8 comments:

Rowyn said...

Gorgeous needlebook!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is gorgeous! I love the poem too. I've just stitched the whole of the Mermiad but the seahorses do make cute smalls. I need to use the beads up...

wendy111 said...

Very nice finish Kate. I love the poem on the back. Nice choice of fabric for the inside too.

Anne said...

LOVE it! Look at the sparkles!! All those charms in the back are adorable! I love the poem too. Its kinda nice to "free" stitch once in a while...feels good :D

Susan said...

Beautiful finish. I've yet to get the knack of pulling bits and pieces from a pattern and doing something else with them.

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

I really really love your needlebook. Its perfect. I love the little seahorses on this Mira, they are Sooooo cute. You have inspired me to attempt a needlebook. Hope it turns out as well as your. xx

Joysze said...

It's lovely!!! I love the bright, happy colors you used. :D

MysteryKnitter said...

I have no words! That is stunning! I can't stop admiring your skills.