BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stash.....

Gotta love stash! Especially when it's new stash!
Today I had to go to the lns as an errand for an elderly person who needed embroidery supplies. Happy to oblige her, I enjoyed this kind of mission lol! It turns out my silks for Egyptian Mandela (Chatelaine) had arrived and were waiting, AND, they were doing inventory so there were all kinds of goodies in the clearence bins. I found Mirabilia's "Sabrina", "Lady Hera", & "January Garnet Fairy"; Victoria Sampler's "Babe's Honey Farm,"Christmas Villiage Sampler," Carol Singers Sampler", "Gingerbread Garden Sampler" and "Button Up Birdies", and a Shepherds Bush "Halloween Night" and Cricket Collection "Spring Fleece". FOR 50 cents each! And then 7 or 8 various stitching magazines for the same price. And then 2 fancy little scissors for hardanger at $4 each. They are gold and one has a cross cutout of the handles and the other has flowers and such. Needless to say Ive never had pretty or fine pointed scissors before so this is a treat. I wonder what fun little projects are in the magazines, cuz I didnt get a chance to look through them much but they're older ones.
Now I can get Egyptian Mandela started and the Victorian Samplers are ones I've been looking at for weeks but thought $15 was too high. Lol 50cents is much better! I'll haveta go see what they put out next week!
So.... it may be that E Mandela will be the next start.

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Jealous jealous jealous.

It's obviously your karmic reward for running errands for the elderly! Now where can I find an old person?

Shannon said...

Wow! How wonderful you were able to find all those great charts for $.50 each! :)

wendy111 said...

Good stash collecting at a fantastic price! Lucky you and enjoy

Kate said...

Lol, I work in a nursing home so do their personal shopping alot. i just dont get fun places to go very often lol

MysteryKnitter said...

Wow! Quite a stash you have there.