BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 26, 2012

pictures :)



This is what progress Beltane found me doing for IHSW and Monday. Most of the beads to the right side are done, but I still have some floss to fill in for those motifs. And then since the beads were so fun to play with, and my freind was telling me she couldnt find anything to store needles in and she was always losing hers, so I made this needlecase for her. It is a round wooden needlecase, and the beads are from Walmart. The colors are a bit washed out but they're shades of spring and sea greens, the koala is tan and white and then the fringe has gold and green glass beads at the ends. I used peyote stitch and wasnt lucky enuf to have or find a koala pattern so it's just eyeballed in best I could, but being she loves koalas she's happy with it and now her needles arent homeless lol!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! She's gorgeous Kate! I love it! The beaded needlecase is so pretty too!

Anne said...

I agree, she is gorgeous! And you needlecase is wonderful work! Happy friend!! :)

Kate said...

Thanks guys :)

Susan said...

Beautiful progress! Love the needlecase you have a very lucky friend.

Kasey said...

Oh! Another Celtic lady for me to see!! I have all of them in my stash, and I am waiting until I finish my current "to-do list" before starting them all!! Lovely work!

Tonya Longshore said...

I love your conversions you did on the celtic ladies.They are some of the most beautiful ones ive ever seen.I have gotten several of your from yuku,but i have had a very hard time finding Imbolic.Someone said you never posted it.I also love your king and queen one.Id love to have all your conversions,they are some i definatly want to stitch.I l;ove them so much id pay you for them

Kate said...

Imbolc shouldve had her info on the yuku bb but it's been so long ago Im not sure if it is there At any rate, you can pm on yuku for all the info for her conversion. You will need the chart of Celtic Spring to finish her, the rechart just has the hood area. As for the Arwen/Aragorn version I havent figured him out all the way to offer it yet, and the horse in Ireland & the LOTR ladies has just been eyeballed in for the most part. But Imbolc I can help you with immediately :)