BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Dance!!!

Yes, it was a long time coming so thanks again for your patience regarding pictures!! Here is MLI's "Celtic Spring" as my conversion to Beltane all finished -and with a name ( Guinevere) due to the paintings and legends of Queen Guinevere and Mayday (Beltane in the Celtic tradition). All told she took 70 hours for the stitching and 18 hrs for the beading, on 28ct Waterlily jobelan, and boy she waited a long time for this day lol! I need to go back thru my notes but the only beads I kept from the orgional list are the gold ones- the rest I didnt care for AT ALL so swapped those out for some brighter "spring-ish" colors, lilacs, violets, pale cream and a green/purply one that just added the right touch. I also added a bunch more beads into the borders and also into her bouquet to jazz it up some since my other Celtics have the same added touches. So.... three down and 5 to go to complete the whole Celtic year set!

11 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your Celtic Spring and all the changes/add-ons that you did. Its just beautiful.

Anne said...

Big happy dance for you!! She's gorgeous and I love the beaded bling!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Such a stunning finish!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your finish! She is beautiful :)

Kate said...

Thanks guys!!! :)

Susan said...

I am so behind on my blog reading and commenting, but I could not let this finish go by without a huge Congratulations! She is lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the Happy Dance! I love all the beading you've done. It's so worth the time and effort.

geeky Heather said...

She is GORGEOUS! Congratulations! I love the beads you used; can't imagine what the originals were but yours look great!

Faith... said...

She is beautiful! The beadwork is stunning, congrats!!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful!! I just finished "Noel" last week and plan to start "Summer" next. My "Spring" was finished in 2006. I never framed it because I've been wanting to add my name at the bottom. All the fonts I've been using are too big. I noticed your name is about as long as mine. Did you chart your own or follow a letter chart? Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great! Thanks!

Kate said...

Hi Colleen! Congratulations on finishing Noel!!
I just used my own font, the tallest letters are 4 threads high (on 28ct fabric)and I just used a very basic backstitch going over 1 or 2 threads at a time, and ripped it out if it didnt look right. I also spaced 2 threads between the rows of lettering cuz I needed 3 rows for the info. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done lol. Hope that helps! Gonna see if I can find pics of your Happy Dance....