BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 19, 2012

IHSW!!!

 
I love IHSW, better than sliced bread lol. Especially when I have something to show for my weekend. It wasnt much of hermitting though, cuz there was so much going on. But I did get some good progress on my "Ireland" conversion of LL Celtic Autumn, my "Lammas" LLCeltic conversion, and My Lady's Garden by Mirabilia. Ireland is so big she takes up my biggest Qsnaps *now* so when it comes time to switch her I'll havta make a bigger set for her but for now she's the "tv wip" and lives by the couch. The guys have been saying they like it better when I sit in the tv room with them at night (really I dont like watching tv, except for a couple shows & even then I could walk away form it) so during the Beltane finish they asked if I could do that more instead of stitching in my bedroom. I thought that was sweet so that's my new plan for spending time with them & making progress on wips. However I draw the line at football lol, and that's where the nifty little MP3 comes in so handy cuz I can zone out to it, then everyone's happy ;).
 
 Sat nite I worked on MLG, since it was already set to go, and got "Lammas" on a set of Qs for a travel wip (s) for the next day, as we had a 5 hour drive (one way!) to get some 4H ewes. Rather exciting we'll have some lambs in Feb! So hubby drove the rig there & I drove it home, good chance to break in the new trailer. We got 5 ewes and they gave 2 kittens to our kids as a bargain lol. But they are cute, little tortishell calicos who cuddled all the long way home. I made some good progress on Lammas in the truck, when the roads were smooth. However bumpy roads suck for stitching! And today was farrier day so after dropping kids to school it was another roadtrip to amish country for hoof trims on a couple of the horses. Now all the major stuff is done for a bit! Tonite I hope to just take it easy! Im also praying the new stove comes before Thanksgiving or talk about up crap creek...
 Hope everyone else had an awesome IHSW, I'm off to go see what Y'all have been up to! :)

17 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Kate everything looks great and I love Ireland, it's wonderful.
Don't you just love being able to set up your Qsnaps and leave them ready for you when you are ready to stitch.

Susan said...

Great progress. Ireland is going to be amazing!

Bea said...

They are all coming along beautifully. Ireland is going to be gorgeous.

Rita said...

Hi Kate!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your Ireland sticheries look amazing!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Great stitching :D love your Ireland conversion.

Julie said...

Lovely projects you have on the go,just love the colours.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous and how clever your Celtic adaptation!!!

Anne said...

I love IHSW too! Your pieces are coming along nicely!! :)

Bruna Aguiar Melo said...

So lovely!
Nice stitches!
Great progress!

Marcy said...

You were busy. Ireland is looking fantastic!

The Crafty Princess said...

Hi I've just joined your site and whoa you have beautiful Wips. Congrats on your finish last post, she is stunning. Great progress during the IHSW.

Thank you too for your followhship on my blog.
Happy stitching xox


Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh wow, did you chart the horse yourself, it's amazing and looks so good with the Irish woman.

I've seen so many lovely conversions of these designs but this is totally different!

Kate said...

The horse is my own design, Im just freehanding him in as I go. Glad you like him :)

Bea said...

Kate, just a quick post to let you know I've given you the Liebster Award. Check out today's post in my blog and see what it's all about.

http://prupertgirl.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Hi Kate! Just discovered your blog :)

Lovvvvvvveee your LL and Mari WIP. They are just toooo gorgeous .

I don't think I've ever seen the Ireland one around before - I love it soooo much!!! Going to have go looking for that now :)

Happy Stitching!

Melissa
stjohnsstitcher.blogspot.ca

tonyamichelle said...

I love the celtic Ireland!Its coming along so beautiful!nice to see you are stitching again.i still cant find imbolic,do you remember where you posted it?im itching to stitch it!LOL

Kate said...

Go to the Lavender & Lace Yuku board, Celtic Ladies forum. Scroll down below the forums for Spring, Autumn, etc. and you will see posts about the LL Ladies and it's there. Hope that helps :)