BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 25, 2013

Trip and ISHW progress

Sorry this is so late, it's been so crazy round here! The trip was a whirlwind, I think we spent more time in the car than anywhere else. But I finally got to see the Rockies and even saw tumbleweeds once we got into Colorado, so to me that was a big deal. So much inspiration to be had! The Stock Show was crazy but our friends did very well and we had fun just being there to see it all unfold. I will say that I hate big city driving so it was nice to get away from that too. Now it's home again to get caught up on being gone and Ive started some new oil paintings to capture the trip's inspiration.
As for stitching progress, I got a little done- very little- cause we took turns driving and sleeping lol. But I did get some beads added in, which was actually easier in the car than the stitching was, strange. Im hoping now that we're home that stitching will resume as normal. For the record, before we left I packed all of it up and shut it all in the bedroom so Jasmin the cat would not take revenge. She's still holding a grudge that we even left and her only company was Deisel, whom she considers an idiot, and part time slaves isnt good enuf, since the kids came every day to check and feed everyone. So Im sure she is plotting lol, the purrs arent fooling anyone... she even has the look....
But now I must go see what everyone else has been up to for ISHW and get reconnected to the stitching world!  Take care y'll :)

13 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Glad you made it home and I am sure Jassmin will get over it sometime. Your stitching/beading look great.

Susan said...

Yes, based on that look, you are in so much trouble. Sleep very lightly!! 8-) Great progress.

Anne said...

Oh oh, the evil eye! lol Love the progression you've made on your stitching. :)

Melissa said...

I love the beading and metallic thread. Great job :)

Anonymous said...

Kate,
Your stitching looks great. Sounds like you had a great trip. I can't wait to see some pics.

Jasmin is so cute and funny. We had a cat that used to get very upset if we left on a trip. we would come home and he would not give us the time of day for a week. lol.

Bea said...

Sounds like a great trip.

Oh yes, there is evil in that look. My cats do the same thing when I leave them for any length of time.

SnowySticher said...

i love you wip, it is just beautiful

demeter83 said...

I love seeing your progress on this, the conversion just amazes me!

Kate said...

Thanks girls! An update, we've been put on probation as long as the tuna doesnt run out ;)

Rita said...

Your couple is so beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIP is quite spectacular.... LOTR?

I enjoy a good road trip!

Carla said...

Love your piece!!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Lovely cat.