BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 18, 2013

thingsz of late


My apologies for having been a bad blogger of late! Things have been more nuts than usual and Ive been trying to keep up with the facebook groups as well, but I've been slipping! The main reason for the absence is not having any time to even stitch so unfortunately I dont have any progress pics of my own to share. I have been painting though, lots of mermaids, mermen, pirates, geisha, hippocampus, and a Swan Princess done in oils. Her story is I love that legend and anything to do with it, but I only have the Chatelaine of it as far as any tangible items. And Ive been saving a huge gilt frame for a special painting- none of Hub's cowboy paintings look right in it lol per his opinion- so I made her for it. Where she'll live is undetermined yet, cuz she's huge and the frame even more so, but it will be a majical haunting focal so Im excited to see her finished, but she isnt yet and only has 7 hours done. Lots of shading left to do.
And then the Chatelaine one will be near her too, 100 years from now when it's done ;). Spring is supposed to come- but it's snowing hard now- so there's the added pressure that my artsy time is running out in favor of the farm & garden work that's coming up soon. Not that that is bad, it just means I better take advantage of any painting time I get now cuz it's typically a winter thing. In stitching the WIPs of the month are my Ireland conversion and Rose of Sharon conversion. Ireland saw a teeny bit of progress and RoS still awaits. This week will be extra crazy but Im hoping to drag a needle out by the weekend! wish me luck! :) Thanks for stoppin by

7 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Oh, wow, she looks gorgeous as she is...I can't wait to see her when she's finished! She has such a wistful look on her face and she's so graceful. Very swanlike. =)

Claire said...

Lovely work.x

Kate said...

Thank you Ladies :)

Susan said...

I am so far behind in my blog reading! Your painting is really great. Another check in the "jealous" column. 8-)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous painting! I'm so jealous! I can't paint like that to save myself.

Kate said...

Thanks Ladies, you're so wonderful! I bet you could paint if you can write your name ;) , paint is very forgiving

MysteryKnitter said...

Gorgeous picture.