BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween progress...

So my Halloween plans did come to fruition, at least a bit if not all. I did get to a lns and had a wonderful day with my new freind Alice. We had lots of Halloween stash to chose from and brought some new patterns and such home. I didnt get a chance to start anything new over the weekend, but look forward to that day when something witchy needs to be kitted. As it were, Samhain was calling louder than a new start so she was the focus. She has more border done, the motifs are beginning to get thier colors worked out, and so much frogging done of her shawl that had the wrong colors. I chose a different overdyed fiber for that, and you can see it in the border and a bit next to her skirt. These colors seem to work better against the Needlepaints, but there again, if it werent for the deep cold blackish purples of this floss I would ditch for something else. Having done so many of MLI's Ladies I figured it would only be fitting to use her fibers in at least one of them ( I have 2 with them) but I am finding I have to be very particular with the tension to get adequate coverage ( this fabric is 28ct lugana) The very darkest shade has been testy and if I didnt have so much done already I would add another strand for better coverage. But onward and let's continue forward.  


The next area of focus will be the shawl, and after that section is farther along it will time to move the scrolls and get serious about the borders. I'm anxious to bead those up so best step it up a notch. The other project Ive been dabbling at is the HAED "100 Stitches Challenge" from the new fb group. I had a few I wanted to start but in the end it was "Winter Wings" that won out. I would like to finishthe first page of it and that would put me well over the requirements. Currently Im bogged down in confetti of the owl, but it is cool seeing it start to actually look like something. I will take pics onceI get his head done... For now I better go see what my Mustang is up to, so I can stitch some this afternoon before the good light fades....

5 comments:

Bea said...

You can see the progress and she's looking great.

Hooray for stash building! Always feels like a good day when that happens.

Would have loved to join the 100 stitch challenge but my craft stuff is still packed, so hopefully there will be another one I can take part in.

Heather said...

She looks great I love her colors.

Susan said...

Loving how Samhain is coming along. Thanks for the discussion on needlepaints. I have a bunch in my stash for something (I think Nora's Four Seasons) but have not used them. Sounds like you had a great trip to the LNS.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Hello...I'm following a trail (that could be cold?, not sure). But, I'm wanting to find the Winter Celtic Lady conversion with the cape. Is that still available? or is there someone I could contact to find it? Thanks soo much. And, is there a Facebook group dedicated to the Lavender and Lace designs?

best regards,
annie
www.anniesrubyslipperz.com

Kate said...

The trail is not cold Annie, no worries! There is a facebook group dedicated to Lavender & Lace designs, maybe even several? The group that has the hood and cape info is Cross Stitch Conversions on facebook, hope to see you there :)