So my Halloween plans did come to fruition, at least a bit if not all. I did get to a lns and had a wonderful day with my new freind Alice. We had lots of Halloween stash to chose from and brought some new patterns and such home. I didnt get a chance to start anything new over the weekend, but look forward to that day when something witchy needs to be kitted. As it were, Samhain was calling louder than a new start so she was the focus. She has more border done, the motifs are beginning to get thier colors worked out, and so much frogging done of her shawl that had the wrong colors. I chose a different overdyed fiber for that, and you can see it in the border and a bit next to her skirt. These colors seem to work better against the Needlepaints, but there again, if it werent for the deep cold blackish purples of this floss I would ditch for something else. Having done so many of MLI's Ladies I figured it would only be fitting to use her fibers in at least one of them ( I have 2 with them) but I am finding I have to be very particular with the tension to get adequate coverage ( this fabric is 28ct lugana) The very darkest shade has been testy and if I didnt have so much done already I would add another strand for better coverage. But onward and let's continue forward.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Posted by Kate at 9:43 AM