BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 8, 2017

So 2017 has begun, but let's see how 2016 ended...

...and there's so much catching up to do in the Blogger world! Facebook, FlossTube, and Instagram seem to be eating up my internet update time, but yet I do love blogs and thier in depth approach at thoughts.
So 2016-- What an adventure! I started creating my own patterns, opened an Etsy store for those said patterns, (EyeoftheMagpieByKate) and have been crazy busy managing it all on top of the usual chaos of life. Stitching outside of the pattern models took a hit rather, but it was a wonderful adventure with 2 finishes and several others on the go. So here is a pic of finished "Pocketwatch Pixie" by Kate Frederick, and framed also by myself...
And here is the finish of "Hope" also by Kate Frederick. This particular design was done in an effort to show solidarity with Standing Rock, and the proceeds were donated to the Water Protectors.
Thank you to all who have assisted in thier efforts to keep our water clean.
     Other designs released in 2016 at Eye of the Magpie Designs were "King Cedric of the North" , "Hexus Arachnis," "Every Witch Way" and "Princess Aurora of the North." (All designs available at my Etsy store). "Princess Aurora" in particular was alot of fun, because I decided to involve other stitchers to vote on her name in my Youtube channel. As you can see, "Aurora" got the most votes and the voters were entered in a drawing. I really liked how much fun that endevour was so will probably give it another go in future....
But in the meantime, some pictures of these designs....






And they take turns still as projects that need attention, but December did not see ANY stitching happen, it was far too nuts with holiday prep and painting orders the first weeks of that month. However, Xmas day I did work on My Lady's Garden, but only for a few moments. I will show pics of her in the January stitchy post, and then New Years' weekend was very stitchy but I will save all of that news for the January update ;)...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome back! I've been watching your flosstube (haven't commented as I'm usually stitching lol) but it's nice to see you on here too! I meant to ask where did you get your mat for Pocketwatch Pixie? It looks beautiful! Lovely progress on everything so far!

The Crafty Princess said...

They are all looking incredible. Especially pocket watch pixie. I absolutely love the way you framed her. It's amazning.
xo Alicia

Kate said...

The mat is an ordinary one, I just glued cogs and gears to it to complement her :)