BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 16, 2016

June and the monsoon...

Late again it seems, with an update :/ ! It seems videos are easier to do so thats been what my updates are lately.. But here it has been very hot n humid, followed by thunderstorms every day for over a week here. Perhaps it is monsoon season and El Nino is at work again...? So needless to say with such a scrambled routine there's been no horse training, no gardening, and no work happening that cant be done inside shelter in between deluges. We're rather rained out but I know it makes stuff grow, and July can be very dry so hopefully this acts as insurance...
  Anyway, with so much indoor time I did get to some stitching :D so there was rejoicing in that cuz I have alot of catching up to do. Last month was The Maynia event, which was to start 15 projects during the first 15 days of May, in the Stitch Maynia facebook group. It was alot of fun, although I did not start 15 things. As fun as it was, the challenge for me was to put the new start aside in order to start the next new one- I am used to and prefer to, spending more time on new starts when I get to have them. Now that June is here I hope to spend more time on a couple of the starts that I did do in Maynia. One of them being Mirabilias Sleeping Beauty, stitched on 28ct opal linen by Silkweavers, I hope it works out for her, I should know in the next couple hours of progress if it will or not...


        And then there was also the Snowflower Diaries collection that got started, this one is March. And why it was chosen is simply cuz I had enough colors to do so, but I still need to get some colors for the others in the set. They are so cute!
  The main focus has been a design of my own, and she is the Pocketwatch Pixie. Right now Im waiting for her kreiniks and beads but once they arrive I hope to push her to a finish. She has several sisters that are waiting in the wings so this needs to happen. Here is what she currently looks like, and Id say the hard stuff is done, only her skirt, wings and the watch are left.
  June also features Summer Soltice so Lithia is due to make an appearence for that. True to the nature of the LLCeltics, she'll probably capture my attention for awhile so Im just planning for it now ;).
 Hopefully June has a ton of progress to show at the end, keeping my fingers crossed for that anyway... and now since it is currently raining, again, I hope to see what has been going on in the blogging world since Ive been absent...
  Thanks for stopping by :)


2 comments:

Angela S said...

Love your Pixie. She's so saucy! :) Hope the rain lets up for you soon. Seems this spring has been full of floods and fires.

Susan said...

Love the pixie also. I'm collecting the Snowflower Diaries patterns for some day. I hear you on the rain. While I'm very happy my well is happy, the yard looks a horror as we've not been able to mow.