BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 24, 2011

Adventures...

January is going well. Ice Angel is slow but beautiful progress. I've taken a break from the blends in her, to Beltane again. Beltane is quickly growing thanks to being a simple project. Haven't started Winter Beauty Princess yet, but might save her for a rainy day since I have all of 2011 yet.
Yesterday I dug out an old list from years ago, and what was on it was a list of designs that I had liked years ago but hadn't gotten. Since it's been rather nostalgic round here with kitting old projects/designs I thought I'd take a look and see if certain patterns from this old list were still available.
Thanks to Charb's posts on her new Chatelaine, I finally decided to investigate if Chatelaine was still going, and seems it's more popular than ever! Though I have no idea what I'm in for I went ahead and ordered 3 charts- Evening in the Park, Alpine Seasons, and Mermaid Box. That was enuf damage for one order lol, but plan to make another for Weeping Willow Keep, Stitching Leporello, Convents Herbal Garden, Taj Mahal, and Celtic Garden Maze, and probably others when I look more into it. I would love to do a class for Winter Watergarden but not sure how those work or if I'd be able to keep up once summer comes. But for now, I'm looking forward to finally getting into a Chatelaine, though it's gonna take me awhile to kit one up...

2 comments:

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

You have taken the plunge! See what you think of the papper charts. I found them very good quality, but for me the size and density of the design, with the 'rotation' aspects of the mandalas and all the specialities was just a bit too scary for my first attempt. If you decide to do a group it is really easy, I was nervous about the technology side of it, but no problems at all. Good luck, can't wait to see you first WIP! (Mermaid box is STUNNING!!)

Kate said...

Mermaid Box was THE thing that did it for me and Chatelaines. I remember when it was first released but at the time couldnt even think of owning it. The techno part of the classes kinda scared me off too, but maybe for next winter I could plan ahead or something. I hope to get my charts and have one kitted in a month or so so it'll be fun to join you!