BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Jumping in

...to my first Chatelaine as soon as my supplies arrive. :). And for the first one it just so happens it's an online class, and a Mystery at that! It is the Swan Lake #14 Mystery. I got the recommended black fabric but am really wondering!! I may find it easier to use a blue so once the rest of my threads come I'll see if I should go that route instead. Perhaps a purply blue hand-dyed would be just the thing to pop the white and yet be more managable. I have alot of catching up to do on it as well, since I'm waiting for stuff and the first 2 sections are out.
I also signed up for the Chinese Garden class in April, which gives me a chance to kit that one up and get caught up with Swan Lake.
These are what hubby got for a Valentine idea when he asked me to pick out something. We typically do a heart-shaped box of candy cuz it's cliche and then get each other something we especially want.
I also got a few fibers for Persian Iris Garden while I was at it, as there are some fibers neither of the lns'es carries. I know what fabric I want for that one- it and Egypt Garden will go on a parchment-y looking fabric so they look all antique. I plan for them to be the big fall startups this year.
In the meantime, the Nessessaire is coming along, and the fist panel is half done. It works up quickly but I havent stitched much this week. Hopefully can catch up on it tonite.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I look forward to seeing your progress. I too am planning on signing up for the Chinese Garden :) I am not sure if I will be able to get the supplies for it in time to stitch along with everyone else, since I just spent a fortune kitting up Medieval Town Mandala!

Kate said...

I'm hoping to kit slowly till then and be ready when chinese is out. Looking forward to a SAL with you :)

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

Wow, you go girl! You really have jumped in to your Chatelaines. They will look beautiful, I cannot wait to see your swan lake. Did you look at the secret picture or are you sticthing it as a 'true' mystery?

Kate said...

Lol, I remember years ago when Chatelaines first came out and couldnt get any so it's catch-up time now ;). I saw the tiny little picture on her website for Swan Lake lol, and it had roped me in just that it had swans in it.
How is yours coming along?