BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 20, 2012

ISHW!!







I managed to get some decent progress this round. The fob is from "Ewe & Eye & Freinds" with some slight modifications, I used fibers I had on hand and did it over1 on 28ct, and then used dmc 729 for the cord and tassel, and added french knot bees. The back did not have a design so I backstitched "Bee Kind" and scattered more bees around. The bird project is "Mary Wigham Wardrobe" by Judy Odell and so far I got the first panel done and another started. It is on 28ct Light Mocha with Needle Nessessities 196. Very easy since it's just one color and a simplistic design but it packs some punch I think. I chose a brighter color sceme than the recommended, mine is more fall flower colors. I plan to make other changes as well when I get that far. But for now I'm off to see how everyone else did for ISHW... Thanks for stoppin by! :)

16 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! It's so lovely Kate! I love bees!! They make me so happy :D Nice new Quaker project you have going on there! Lovely colours :D

MoonBeam said...

Two nice projects. Love the bee fob!

Mary Wigham is one of my ongoing WIPs. Did you stitch the sampler?

Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy stitching!

Bobbi

Kate said...

Thanks! i havent stitched the sampler, didnt know there was one, where do I find? My WIP is a wardrobe that holds stitchy tools after it's been put together, designed by Judy Odell. what exactly is a Quaker project? (I feel rather silly now lol)

Kim said...

So pretty. I love the chord and tassel. Nice stitching :)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love your fob! Mary Wigham Wardrobe looks great!

Diane (di) said...

Kate, the bee fob is beautiful and I love the way you finished it. :)

Mary Wigham is gorgeous... the color you chose is perfect!

Susan said...

Very cute fob. And I really like the color you're using for the wardrobe piece.

TammyK said...

Such a cute fob :-)

The Maiden said...

Mary is looking great, and I love the thread choice!

Meari said...

Mary Wigham is very pretty. I like the color you chose.

Joysze said...

Oh, I love your fob, Kate!!!! It's darling. :D Mary Wigham is so pretty. I love the colors.

BTW... did the package ever get to you? Every one else have received theirs but since I haven't heard from you, I hope it's not lost. :(

Kate said...

I had sent an email but maybe it got lost? Everything did come and thank you, I'm working on a return-the -favor... but no hints ;)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching :D

Heidi said...

Both are beautiful! I love the NN thread you are using. It really makes the Quaker motif come alive.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi ... a fellow hermit :-)

Ewa said...

Looks very pretty, Kate! I love the french knot bees

MysteryKnitter said...

Looks nice. I mean your stitching.