BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 7, 2013

Return of the King & Queen

Today's pick out of the WIP box was this one, ''Arwen & Aragorn." Started back in 2005 and like many other WIPs, waiting to see daylight lol. This one has many changes to it, in fact the only orgional parts of Celtic Summer left are the profile of her face, and the skirt will only have it's colors changed. I changed her face to be softer blended, enlarged her eye, and gave her elf ears and her crown- that was a given lol. The sleeve has been redone to look more like bell sleeves.  If you have ever seen Lord of the Rings this WIP is based on "Return of the King" when the war is over and Aragorn first sees Arwen at his coronation after thinking that she is dead, and she wears a sea green dress with spring green sleeves. Aragorn's armor was fun to design too, he's mostly metallics because of it. This one will stay on the Qs till I work out some trouble spots on him. Last of the Celtic LOTRs will be Arwen Evenstar who has her horse, and she'll be the next Celtic out of the box. But since it is Guilt Free January I need to start a new WIP,, so once I get Aragorn's cape better managed I will reward with one of Nora's reindeer :) . Happy stitching and thanks for stoppin by!  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,
Wow! I am blown away. I love your changes! It looks great and I can't wait to see more progress. Now you have my curiosity as to what you will be stitching on next.

Hugs!

demeter83 said...

I love all of your LOTR ones and am amazed at how brave you are with all the changes! I wouldn't even know where to begin, but now I want all your patterns! So pretty!

Anne said...

Such talent Kate! Wonderful piece! Happy Stitching!! :)

Susan said...

OMG!!! Amazing is all I can say. I am just blown away with your talent.

Bea said...

I'm fascinated by what you are creating and I am SO looking forward to watching all of these develop and grow.

Kate said...

Thank you everyone :)

Calina said...

You are very talented !
<3 <3 love your works !

geeky Heather said...

WOW!!!! This is so amazing...and you totally nailed her headdress! I always cry at this point in the movie (actually, I've probably already been crying for some minutes :) Gorgeous, gorgeous work.

Valentina said...

Kate I'm speechless!! This peice along with the Eowyn one are just too good for words!!! I'm a huge LOTR fan and this is the first time I see something like this, you've done such a great job!!! Can't really wait to see more of them and of the Arwen design!!!!

Kate said...

Thank you ladies :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D I love the conversions you are doing.

MysteryKnitter said...

You sure know your stitching.