BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 10, 2014

snowy icy day

It's one of those round here, we came out of a severe cold snap and when the temps rose we got sleet. So school's dismissed early, crockpot's full of homemade soup and Im just enjoying the quiet while I can before having to go out in it for chores. In stitchy news, I've been playing with threads the last few days and working on my own designing endevours. I also went thru some of the boxes of stash waiting for a more dignified storage solution lol, but as of yet they dont have one so boxes it still is. Trouble is I wanna work on everything  and start everything else lol just cuz it's been a long interval that I couldnt stitch. I also realized I never posted pics of the finished Mediterranian Mermaid by Mirabila and the changes she got, though facebook has pics I had forgotten for here. So without further ado, here she is from being finished in Sept '13. Her changes she recieved were extra bling- swarovski crystals for her fin, freshwater pearls for the jar she holds, and peridot stones for her crown and shoulder drape, and extra beads everywhere in general lol. I also slimmed her waist down and backstitched with 356 cuz I didnt like the dark brown to outline her skin. I loved working on her, she was a fast finish. Next I need to find a frame for her and get that done. But in the meantime I better go sink some threads... thanks for stoppin by

5 comments:

~Narita said...

I love your mermaid and your fairy. Oh and I love your blogs, so much!!!

I also wish you lived closer to me. We could have so much fun together with your horses and our stitching. I had my own horse for 13 years growing up. Rode him everywhere!

Thank you for leaving me a message, it was really nice to see you there. I'm so sporatic with my comments and paying attention to my blog. (Its especially hard nearing Christmas since I try to make a lot of my gifts.)
Then I get out of the habit of posting...

Now I am like you, wanting to work on everything :)

Email me if you can, it would be wonderful to be friends with you.

Happy New Year, I'm sure it will be better than last year was.

~Narita

Susan said...

Beautiful finish. Your additions are perfect (as usual). Hope the ice has thawed - snow is good, ice is not.

The Crafty Princess said...

If you're going to make changes extra bling is always a good way to go! She looks stunning. Congrats on a beautiful and unique finish!
Alicia xo

Unknown said...

Your mermaid is totally STUNNING!

MysteryKnitter said...

She is gorgeous.