BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Something went wonky lol

My edited post didnt show pics so here they are. First up is Middy, on 32 ct recommended Permin. From 12 years ago when hand-dyeds werent around and I was new to stitching. She also sat for 12 years cuz I got bogged down in over-one stitching on 32 ct! But that turned out to be just the thing, cuz she resurfaced out of the wip box after we moved cuz she is a perfect match to the music room Im creating- only she needed an instrument! So she got a violin of course, since it's my fav to play. And that was my New Year's holiday goal, and now that her skin and violin are done and figured out the rest of her should work up quickly. Ive since added a few beads since I couldnt resist the bling, oo she's gonna be so sparkly! For the record, her bow looks crooked cuz the fabric was loose on scroll bars lol.
And Guilt free January is off to a start with this rendition of Adia, on 32ct Silkweaver solo I bought secondhand. Poor Adia was bought the same time as Middy but has waited till I found the perfect fabric. I actually have a ufo of her on a light green but it was so 'meh' I didnt continue. Now she's got her own autumny forest to play in it seems. Guilt Free January continues with some other starts waiting in the wings but I havnt quite gotten round to starting them yet, but with the cold snap we're getting over the weekend that should hopefully change!

7 comments:

demeter83 said...

Did you design the violin yourself? I'm so impressed, she's gorgeous!

Kate said...

yep, and her arms so it would all work together. Thank you!

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow that's fantastic that you recharted her arms and violin. It looks fantastic. I absolutely adore the autumny forest fabric. It's really beautiful just on it's own and will look stunning as a backdrop.
Alicia xo

tangerinedream73 said...

Kate, my name is Amy Varnell-Miller and I believe that you are trying to contact me regarding a Just Nan kit that I have for sale on my blog Cross Stitch and Cupcakes. I didn't receive your email, only a post from my blog with a no reply blogger address. If your are still interested, my email is tangerinedream73@gmail.com.


Thanks,
Amy

tangerinedream73 said...

Kate, my name is Amy Varnell-Miller and I believe that you are trying to contact me regarding a Just Nan kit that I have for sale on my blog Cross Stitch and Cupcakes. I didn't receive your email, only a post from my blog with a no reply blogger address. If your are still interested, my email is tangerinedream73@gmail.com.


Thanks,
Amy

Kate said...

I feel bad there must be some mistake, I havent been on blogger for several months but dont remember seeing stash for sale on blogger. But while they're tempting I will have to pass on them, thanks anyway

MysteryKnitter said...

It is beautiful.