BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fun Fabulous Finishing. Pic heavy!!






Nessessaire is ALL finished! It was a challenge since Ive never tackled a "complicated" small,only fobs, but that said it was simple enuf after doing the pincushion. I think when Leporello reaches the finish stage I'll save that bit for last instead of doing it first. Now for the details- I used Platinumn belfast and Needle Nessessities (sadly no longer available) in 121 for the borders, 1841 for the flowers and pinker areas, and Old Willow Stitchery 078 'Mountain Pine' for the stems. The cord and tassels is dmc perle cotton 224, size 8 and the rings I covered in size 12. The beads are Mill Hill 00275. I could not find silk ribbon anywhere ( been looking since I started it years ago) so I did an experiment on some sheer gauze-y ribbon trim I picked up at Walmart. It was ivory so I bought some fushia Rit dye and made a weak salt water dye bath for it and a couple minutes later it was the right shade of vintage rose. I did an ice water bath to set it but no idea how colorfast it really is but I dont plan to get this stitchy toy wet anyway so it's fine. I figure that it's ok considering all the hand-dyed fibers and fabrics ppl use that arent colorfast either. I did not gather it as I stitched it, just folded it in half so it was ruffly and stitched it on. The straight ribbons were the same ivory color and got the same treatment to match. I left one of the flowers on the top corner cuz it just looked so dainty and feminine. I now wish I had done more panels with it, but next time ;). Yes there will be a next time cuz I scored some more Needle Nessessities at my lns in the discount bin so it'd be fun to do another....
The only change I did to the design of it was the thread curtain page- I did not stitch the curtain to the top of the fabric and close it off, so I could have an extra 'pocket' there, to hold mother of pearl thread winders :)   and of course, a pic of it all folded back up. Truly this was a fun project every step of the way and I hope Judy Odell comes up with more like it

7 comments:

Ann C. said...

You did a beautiful job finishing it!!

Blu said...

It's gorgeous! Great job on the finish.

Brigitte said...

Wow! That's absolutely stunning. Such a beautiful set of accessories. Congratulations!

Terri said...

Beautiful!! Love it!

Susan said...

WOW!!! That is stunning! Beautiful stitching and finishing.

geeky Heather said...

That is absolutely splendiferous!! Congratulations!

MysteryKnitter said...

How stunning! I couldn't stitch anything like that.