BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 7, 2015

kitting adventures....

 I try to visit a great lns a couple times a year. This store was having a XMAS sale today and lots of good bargains to be had! But what does this girl walk out with? Halloween stuff! I know that sounds too funny but Im still in Halloween mode and I found several things I'd been waiting for so what the heck. My xmas stitching mode hits after Thanksgiving, (and for a brief time in July) so until then I dont worry about xmas stitching cuz it's just for fun anyway.This store didnt have the xmas charts I was hunting for so I switched holidays. My hope is that I can start some of these new Halloween projects very soon, and if not then I'll save em for Guilt Free January. My other main purchase was some 25ct hand-dyed fabric for HAED's "Lirielle" by Nene Thomas, because Im not doing the background on that one- pages of the same color would drive me insane. However I will have to sew a grid on this one, cuz of the fabric and not doing the background. Sigh, but it shouldnt take long. Gridding is NOT my favorite thing, but an absolute must for haeds and other big projects like that. I'll get her floss when there's a sale.
 I've been in a stash collecting mode, the last few years havent allowed much of that so I need to catch up, and the discovery of no more Nene HAEDs was a bummer! I dont want to find myself in that pickle again, but at least with the Nene's she's doing it herself on her website. I just wish there were 'crop' options rather than doing the whole giant project cuz it's alot of background before you even reach the lady.
  The new HAEDs have been tough to decide who should be kitted, each is so beautiful, and I must say they pack so much punch being only floss and fabric and huge besides, yet so simple to do. Many smaller projects are so much more expensive.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Lol were they on a better sale? ;). Glad you got some fun stuff!

Bea said...

Glad you got some stash, for whatever season it was. Enjoy using it.

Brigitte said...

Ahhh, browsing a real store and oing that during a sale must be pure bliss. Great that you found some things that you enjoy.

Susan said...

I love kitting things up. I can spend hours lost in pulling thread, bobbinating, and interviewing fabric. A real LNS? I haven't been to one in years and I have a very nice one about 75 minutes away. Of course, the budget hasn't been such that going into a store would have been a good idea. :-)