BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 30, 2016

HAEDs and Guilt-Free January

So here it goes, the Challenge on fb was successfully done and here is the pic of "Gypsy Firefly" done as instructed, and the pic has the fabric info so wont repeat it here....
.
Since then there has been a bit more progress and Im keeping it in the go tote for easy access. The other HAEDs that have been enjoying progress are "The Gloaming" by Maxine Gadd, and the New start of "Scale" by Anna Dittman.....
Gloaming is on 22ct Hardanger 'Dusk' from Picture this Plus, and is 2 over 1 Tent stitch. I am only doing the Vampire, and not the background, so just got a hand-dyed fabric for her. This is 4 hours progress and she too will stay in the go tote for awhile. Being the fabric says not to wash it, I cant use a quilt marker to keep my place, so Im using a brown sewing machine thread to grid it and it disappears under the floss so I dont even have to bother taking it out at the end. I might switch to a white thread for her face areas though, so as to save the hassle of removing it. Works for me ;)

Scale is barely started, and her fabric is 25ct Ivory lugana, stitched 2 over 1 Tent stitch. Already Ive run into acres of white stitches for this project, so Im hoping it will be a faster go of it. Since I plan to live to be 300 years old anyway ;). 
Several other Heaven and Earth Designs are slowly being kitted as Im able, though they are huge projects I have to give them credit it's only threads and fabric needed so very basic to kit up; yet they pack such a punch. I am finding they're also getting easier the more time I get to spend on them, and also having them on different fabrics has been educational cuz luckily I enjoy the differences too. There are several here on 28ct though that are rather scary cuz that seems super tiny to me, but they are heirlooms so I must conquer that qualm... Hopefully next round they will have joined the party and scored some progress... 
thanks for visiting, now I must see what bloggers have been up to...!

5 comments:

Heather said...

They look great! My favorite is gypsy firefly I think lol I love the blue in it especially next to the black

Kate said...

That blue is electric and so fun to use! Thank you!

Susan said...

Great starts and progress. I like seeing the effect on different fabric sizes as I have been doing mine exclusively on 28-count.

Karen said...

Oh wow! You've got some work cut out for you. The HAEDs look great! Having the different counts will give you a nice change from project to project. :)

Bea said...

You're off to a great start with your HAEDs. Looking forward to seeing them grow.